Incorporating wine into the kitchen is not just reserved for starred chefs. Here is a simple and tasty recipe that highlights the richness of our red wine. What better way to taste our wine than to incorporate it into a delicious dish?
Beef Bourguignon Our Way
- 1 kg of beef cut into cubes
- 750 ml of our red wine
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 chopped onions
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 150 g of bacon
- 250g mushrooms
- Bouquet garni (thyme, bay leaf)
- Salt pepper
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- In a large pot, sauté the bacon bits and onions in the oil until lightly browned.
- Add the beef cubes and brown them on all sides.
- Sprinkle with flour, mix well.
- Pour in the red wine, and make sure the meat is well coated.
- Add the bouquet garni, carrots, minced garlic, salt and pepper.
- Simmer over low heat for 2 to 3 hours. One hour before the end of cooking, add the mushrooms.
- Serve hot with steamed potatoes or pasta.
This dish is the perfect embodiment of comfort and warmth. The red wine gives it incredible depth and complexity. Perfect for a Sunday meal with family or friends.
This is how our vineyard can transform a traditional meal into a memorable feast. Bon appetit and cheers!